Delinquent Tax Sale
ANNUAL DELINQUENT TAX SALE – WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2023
The 2022 delinquent tax sale is currently scheduled to be held Wednesday, November 1, 2023 at the Williamsburg County Recovery Center (2086 Thurgood Marshall Hwy, Kingstree, SC 29556) beginning at 10:00 am. If the sale is not concluded on that day, it will continue on Thursday, November 2, 2023 to be finalized. Pre-registration will begin on Monday, October 9, 2023 – Tuesday, October 31, 2023.
- All bidders must be pre-registered prior to the sale and there will be a registration fee of $20.00 per bidder. Pre-registration forms and fees must be turned in by Tuesday, October 31, 2023 by 5:00 pm.
- Pre-registration forms will be available for pick-up at the PSA Building, 201 W. Main Street, Kingstree, SC 29556. Printable forms will be available online. Completed forms may be returned by mail, PSA drop box or email: Latanya.Barr@wc.sc.gov .
- Pre-registration fees must be made in forms of cash, cashier’s check or money orders. NO PERSONAL CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
The Williamsburg County Delinquent Tax Sale is held once a year beginning at 10 am.
- Please note that all dates are subject to adjustment due to calendar conflicts.
- Property to be sold is advertised in The Kingstree News and The Weekly Observer. The ads run for 3 consecutive weeks prior to the tax sale.
- All bids must be paid in full by 5 pm the same day with cash, cashier’s check or money order. A receipt will be issued for each bid.
- There is a 1 year and 1 day waiting period before a Tax Title to the land or mobile home on which your bid is given.
- The purchaser of property at a tax sale acquires the title without warranty and buys at his own risk. The county is not liable for the quality or quantity of the property sold