Relocating to Williamsburg County
- Take current registration card, title or bill of sale to Auditor’s Office in the Williamsburg Public Service Administration (PSA) Building; contact the Auditor’s Office by phone at 843-355-9321, ext. 5600.
- Ask about the high mileage discount.
- Pay county vehicle taxes to Treasurer in the Williamsburg County Court House, who can be contacted by phone at 843-355-9321, ext. 5900.
- Take proof of insurance which includes name, date, and policy number, receipt from Treasurer, registration card, title or bill of sale, and odometer reading to SC Highway Department located at 1005 Eastland Avenue.
- Pay state sales tax on new purchases at SC Highway Department; for more information contact the Highway Department at 843-354-9217.
You must obtain SC license plates within 45 days and driver’s license within 90 days after moving into the state. Apply at the SC Highway Department located at 1005 Eastland Avenue; call 843-354-9217 for more information. Anyone applying for a license for the first time must present a birth certificate and Social Security card.
Voter registration must be completed at least 30 days prior to an election. Positive proof of residence is needed. Register at 126 S. Jackson St., Kingstree, SC 29556 843-355-6044.
Legal Residence & Homestead Exemption
File for legal residence or change of address at the Tax Assessor’s Office in the Williamsburg County Courthouse, call 843-355-9321, ext. 5500.
Check out our Resource Directory for or a list of realtors and realty agencies in the area.
Before You Build
Before you build, be sure to contact:
Williamsburg County Building Permits
201 W Main Street
Kingstree, SC 29556
For septic permits, contact:
Williamsburg County Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC)
520 Thurgood Marshall Boulevard
Kingstree, SC 29556
Looking for Internet? We have an in-depth page dedicated to the best internet providers in the Kingstree area.
The link is as follows: https://www.broadbandsearch.net/service/south-carolina/kingstree
Be sure to check out our resource directory which contains contact information for area businesses, schools, and more, for all your relocation needs!